UPDATED: June 23, 2023
You agree that Company and its affiliated and sponsored treatment providers may (1) call, email or text you regarding treatment services and centers and related information and (2) monitor and record any telephone calls made or received for business purposes, including for quality assurance purposes. Please review Section 13 below, entitled Consent to Communications and Monitoring/Recording Telephone Calls, for more details.
1. The Sites Do Not Provide Specific Medical or Treatment Advice. The contents of the Sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It is always advisable to consult your physician or qualified healthcare provider for any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it based on something you have read on or through the Sites. If you believe you have a medical emergency, please contact your doctor or call 911 immediately. Relying on any information provided by the Company, its employees or representatives, individuals invited by the Company to appear on the Sites, or other visitors to the Sites is done solely at your own risk.
2. Sites Overview. The Sites aim to provide valuable resources to a vast number of individuals searching for addiction treatment online. Company’s portfolio of websites, including alcoholdetox.info, facilitate connections with treatment providers and those who need their help.
3. Eligibility. You must be at least 13 years old to access and use our Sites. By accepting these Terms, you represent and warrant that you meet the minimum age requirement. If you are utilizing our Sites on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the necessary authority to bind such entity to these Terms, and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of the aforementioned entity.
4. Third-Party Links. Some Sites have established contractual agreements with certain vendors, sponsors, and advertisers of products or services (“Vendors”), pursuant to which we may link to or display text, data, photos, graphics, and/or video (“Information”), advertisements, products, goods, or services offered by these third parties. You agree that you must assess and assume all risks associated with the utilization of any Vendor-provided Information or services. We do not guarantee the availability or accuracy of Vendor Information or offers, nor do we make any representations or warranties regarding the security or performance of Vendor Information or services. Your usage of Vendor services is subject to the individual terms and conditions specified by each respective service. We explicitly disclaim any responsibility and liability for any Vendor-provided materials, programs, products, services, or sites made available through the Website, and you agree that we will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such Vendor-provided materials, programs, products, services or sites. We will not be held liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by your use of (a) any external site linked to the Site, (b) Vendor Information, or (c) Vendor products or services.
a. Certain features of the Sites may permit users to contribute content, including comments, reviews, messages, photos, videos, images, and other forms of content (collectively, “User Content”) and to publish User Content on our Sites. You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights that you may have in the User Content that you submit to the Sites.
b. By submitting, posting, or publishing User Content, you grant Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, using any media formats and channels (now known or hereafter developed). Company may use your User Content without providing any compensation to you.
c. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of submitting, posting or publishing User Content. By submitting, posting, or publishing User Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
i. you are the creator and rightful owner of, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and to authorize us and users of our Sites to utilize and distribute your User Content as required to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section 6 and in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms; and
ii. your User Content, and the use thereof as contemplated herein, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party rights, including any copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, moral rights, privacy rights, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; or (ii) defame, slander, or libel any third-party.
d. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content posted or published by you or other users and will not in any way be held responsible or liable for User Content. However, we may, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content for any reason or no reason. You understand that when using the Sites you may come across User Content from various sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against us with respect to User Content. We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. If notified by a user or content owner alleging that User Content does not comply with these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without prior notice. For clarity, we do not permit copyright-infringing activities on the Sites.
5. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
a. We comply with the provisions outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to internet service providers (17 U.S.C. Sec. 512, as amended). If you have any complaints with respect to material posted on the Sites, you may contact us by visiting our contact page and sending us a message.
b. Any notice alleging that materials available on or distributed through the Sites infringe upon intellectual property rights must include the following information:
i. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
ii. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property you believe has been infringed.
iii. details about the material that you claim are infringing and where it is located on the Sites;
iv. your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address;
v. a statement from you affirming that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the Sites, which you are reporting, is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
vi. a statement from you that the information provided in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or intellectual property owner.
c. We will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of users we ascertain as “repeat infringers.” A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity on more than two occasions or whose User Content has been removed from the Sites on more than two occasions.
6. Prohibited Conduct.
a. By using the Sites you agree not to:
i. violate, or encourage others to violate, the rights of third parties or us, including by infringing or misappropriating third party or our intellectual property rights;
ii. use the Sites for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
iii. publish, upload, or distribute User Content or other content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
iv. interfere with security-related features of the Sites, including without limitation by (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit the use or copying of any content, or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of the Sites or any part thereof except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
v. interfere with the operation of the Sites or any user’s enjoyment of the Sites, including without limitation by (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code, (ii) making unsolicited offers or advertisements to other users of the Sites, (iii) attempting to collect, personal information about users or third parties without their consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any networks, equipment, or servers connected to or used to provide the Sites, or violating the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks, equipment, or servers;
vi. engage in any fraudulent activity, including impersonating any individual or entity, claiming false affiliations, accessing the accounts of others without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth;
vii. attempt to do any of the foregoing in this Section 8, or assist or permit any persons in engaging or attempting to engage in any of the aforementioned activities described in this Section 8.
b. Company reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following in connection with the public areas of the Sites:
i. record the dialogue in public chat rooms;
ii. investigate an allegation asserting non-compliance with these Terms and, at its sole discretion, determine to remove or request the removal of the communication in question;
iii. remove communications that are deemed abusive, illegal, or disruptive or that otherwise fail to adhere to these Terms;
iv. terminate a user’s access to any or all parts of the Sites upon any violation of these Terms;
v. monitor, edit, or disclose any communication made in connection with the Sites;
vi. edit or delete any communication(s) published on the Sites, irrespective of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
We have no liability or responsibility to users of the Sites or any other individual or entity concerning the performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
7. Discontinuation and Modification of the Sites. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue any or all of the Sites at any time (including, without limitation, by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Sites) without providing notice to you. We assume no liability for any modifications or discontinuations of the Sites. If you wish to cancel your account, you can do so anytime by visiting our contact page and sending us a message.
8. Changes to the Terms. We maintain the right to modify these Terms at our discretion at any given time. In the event that a change to these Terms materially affects your rights or obligations, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you of such changes. Additionally, if the modified Terms substantially alter your rights or obligations, we may require you to consent by accepting the updated Terms. Only after your acceptance will the changes become effective in these cases. All other modifications are effective upon the publication of the updated Terms or on the indicated “Effective Date,” if different. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved per the Terms that were in effect when the dispute arose.
9. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that you are solely responsible for your use of the Sites, and you agree to protect, indemnify, and hold harmless us and our officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, (collectively, the “Company Entities”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Sites in a manner not permitted by these Terms; (ii) your violation of these Terms or any referenced representation, warranty, or agreements, or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your infringement upon any third-party right, including but not limited to any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any disputes or issues between you and any third party.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (and without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to such matter), and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
11. Consent to Communications and Monitoring/Recording of Telephone Calls.
a. By providing us with your contact information, you agree to receive communications, which may include emails and calls (including text messages and calls made using an autodialer or pre-recorded voice message), from or on behalf of Company, its affiliates, and its sponsors, at the email address or telephone number you provided even if that number is on a National or State Do Not Call List. These communications may be for informational and marketing purposes, such as providing information about treatment services and facilities. Standard text messaging and telephone minute charges from your cell phone carrier will apply. Company and its affiliates and sponsors may, without prior notice or warning and in our discretion, monitor and/or record telephone conversations for business purposes, such as quality assurance and training purposes, and to protect their rights and the rights of others.
If you wish to opt out of: (i) emails– you can follow the unsubscribe options in the email itself, (ii) texts– you may reply “stop” from the mobile device receiving the messages; or (iii) marketing calls– you may make a do not call request during any call you receive.
b. Using the Sites, you consent to receive certain electronic communications from us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
12. Contact Information. The Sites are owned by Ripple Digital, located at 8 The Green, STE A, Dover, Delaware 19901. You may contact us by sending correspondence to the foregoing address or by visiting our contact page and sending us a message.
13. Disclaimer. Blog/article content is intended for general informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice because of something you have read here. If you think you are at risk for suicide or otherwise may have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. Actual treatment is individualized and varies by facility. We do not guarantee the success of any treatment. You should not rely upon any information here to represent the treatment program that might be right for you or your loved one or available at any particular treatment facility.